Counter to the preferred schedule of an average fourth year, I happen to have an 8am discussion on Friday morning...fun times. Thank goodness I'll be switching to a diff discussion at the end of the month but that's besides the point. As some of you readers know, I am terrible at waking up in the morning. I simply love sleep and the comforts of my duvet's perfect weight on my body that when alarm 1, 2, or 3 goes off, sometimes I still don't let my feet hit the floor.
Yesterday morning, with my alarm set with just enough time to put on real clothes and walk to class, I turned my alarm clock off and kept on, keepin on. At 8:18am I jumped out of bed and bolted out the door, throwing my computer in my backpack. Somehow, as I ran down JPA, the zipper on my bag evidently began to come loose and then BOOM, my comp and all the contents of my backpack spewed into the road. Despite all this I got to class, made two quasi-intellectual comments, and then profoundly apologized to my TA.
The afternoon was far better than the morning, when I presented on my project this summer with Manna Project International in Nicaragua to a board of professors and administrators at the Institute for Practical Ethics & Public Life. There were about twenty of us presenting and it was really rewarding and ensuring to hear feedback from some of the board afterwards that they appreciated the work of NGOs such as Manna.
Later in the afternoon, my parental unit came to visit me! yay. They came baring treats and yumminess. I love home cooked food! Then we had a fabulously enjoyable dinner at Dunars and I sent them off. Loved having my parents here for a few hours, though every time I see them just for a short visit, I'm reminded of my childhood and growing up in a household that was used to spending prolonged amounts of time together- I miss that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
dang yo, how'd you get to present at the institute for public ethics?! that's freaking baller.
ReplyDelete