A boy I knew from my home church passed away tragically this past weekend while on a fishing trip with friends on Lake Anna. His name was Kerolos Makhloof but we all called him "Makhloof."
Isaiah 57:2 says that "those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death." Wow. Makhloof was certainly a Godly person and I believe and hope with all my heart that he is resting with God now. It's still really difficult to grasp the reality of this event. In fact, I refuse to let it feel like one event but would rather try to honor Makhloof regularly - we must not forget or downplay who he was. Growing up, I had always thought of him as a little twirp who spoke up too much and acted too Egyptian but now, knowing he isn't around, I wish we could get in an intellectual and never ending conversation, just for the sake of it.
Makhloof, you are missed.
Video by Mark Samaan.
No comments:
Post a Comment