Thursday, July 15, 2010

I want to get BUSY!

Disclaimer: this will be one of those spacey/reflective blog posts that probably means a whole lot and a whole lot of nothing all at the same time.

That being said, I've decided that...I NEED TO GET BUSY SOON!

I am so used to having a to do list written in black ink on my left hand; I'm used to feeling like I need to be in two places at once; and I'm accustomed to feeling the pressure of time running out. These sentiments motivate me - excited me - and give me a great deal of drive to get through my day. I've been out of school for just short of 2 months now and I feel so ready to get back into an atmosphere where something more than doing the dishes and sweeping the house is asked of me. I want to be intellectually stimulated in the classroom and by my peers. I want to be surrounded by people who will not settle for laziness but will hike and climb and explore with me. I want to feel alive again.

I have enjoyed my months of repose this summer and Oh, how i've rested. But I worry about how I live my days - I don't like that my mind wanders and I dwell on things from the past. I don't like that I can pull open my computer and get lost in random searches for hours. I want more for me right now or rather I want more OF me right now and I think that comes with busy-ness.

Gosh I say that now... but I'm certain that two months from now I'll be squealing for a breath of air. So much for contentment?

No comments:

Post a Comment