After a great night of dancing at the wedding, helping make pancakes on my friends' lawn for passersby, and doing my first jägerbomb ever, I got a good nights rest.
Got up for church this morning and decided to try a new place. Two friends and I went to Blue Ridge Community church up 29. It was pretty nice. I liked the feeling of community outside of the college ages. There were families, children, and grandparents there. The message came from an Indian preacher who plants churches in India and he challenged the congregation not just to be spectators but to be like Simon and carry the cross of Jesus and smell his blood and sweet. I also enjoyed the prayers before the preaching, reminding us that God uses all things to His glory for those who worship Him. Cool!
This afternoon was fun too. I went to Sugar Hollow/Blue Hole with a group of 10 people (most of which i knew). It's a small hike and then a watering hole. I was a bit scared to jump off the rope swing but eventually did it and it was quite fun (so I went a second time too).
Then this evening after a couple friends paid me a visit, we headed out to the Virginian (my fav place on the corner by far) and saw friends. Had a good time and then was treated to an infamous gus burger (burger w/ a friend egg on it) at the White Spot.
This was a great day of firsts...that hopefully won't be lasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment